The Best Cat Food
Choosing the best cat food can be a daunting task. There’s dry cat food, canned cat food, frozen cat foods and the list goes on!
There are name brand cat foods, store brand cat foods and prescription cat foods. There is cat food for kidney health, cat food for weight issues, cat food for skin issues, cat food for kittens, cat food for adults, cat food for seniors.
No wonder people are so confused about what is the best cat food for their feline companion!
Just like for humans, there are MANY choices available for your cat’s food. And, just like our food choices, there are good choices and there are bad choices. Ultimately, making bad choices in pet food will lead to health issues in the future. Having a base of understanding about cats, their nutritional needs and the basics of cat food, is a good place to start.
To be quite honest, if you own a cat, you are responsible for choosing a diet for him. So become educated. Be a responsible cat owner.
- FACT: Cats are mainly carnivores and require MEAT, BONES and FATS.
- YOUR CHOICE: What should be in your cat’s food? Meat, bones and fats!
- FACT: Cats have a short digestive tract that struggles to digest carbohydrates.
- YOUR CHOICE: What should be in your cat’s food? NOT tons of carbohydrates or at least highly digestible carbohydrates.
- FACT: Excess carbs are converted to sugar in your cat’s system and sugar may feed yeast in your cat’s body. This could lead to yeast overgrowth symptoms
- YOUR CHOICE: What should be in your cat’s food? NOT excessive amounts of carbohydrates that can be converted to sugar and feed yeast.
- FACT: Better dietary patterns can contribute to disease prevention and better health
- (YOUR CHOICE: What should be in your cat’s food?)
Based on the above facts, which of these lists would be a better cat food choice?
- Cat Food Ingredient List #1: Chicken, Chicken Meal, Ground Rice, Cracked Pearled Barley, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Egg Product, Beet Pulp, Flaxseed, Natural Chicken Flavor, Fish Meal.
Notice that chicken, chicken meal, egg product and fish meal are all contained in this list, with chicken and chicken meal being first.
- Cat Food Ingredient List #2: Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken By-Product Meal, Powdered Cellulose, Soybean Mill Run.
This would be a grain based diet containing more grains/carbohydrates than meat. This ultimately results in weight issues, yeast issues and many other issues.
- FUN FACT: This second ingredient list is actually taken from a WEIGHT LOSS cat food! However, on this type of diet, your cat will be plump & hungry all the time (and suffering from yeast most likely)!
Of course, the better cat food choice would be #1.
- FACT: Commercial pet foods are ALL heat processed which destroys many nutrients, vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids, probiotics, enzymes. ADD these things back into your cat’s meaty food with Dinovite Supplements to give your cat the nutrients his body requires!
4 Simple Steps to Feeding the Best Cat Food:
- Step 1 Start with a meaty cat food.
- Step 2: Add in the delicate and required nutrients by adding Dinovite Daily Supplement and LickOchops Omega Fatty Acid Supplement.
- Step3: Give it a full 90 days. Be CONSISTENT and observant!
- Step 4: If at any time in this process you have questions, please contact a Pet Nutrition Coach via EMAIL or by PHONE, M-F, 9 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. EST, 859-428-1000.