Dinovite for Horses is a daily supplement designed to supply vitamins, minerals, Omega 3 fatty acids and direct fed microbes that can be depleted or completely missing from the hay and feed fed to your horse. Dinovite added to your horses feed regimen of hay and feed helps make what you feed your horse more nutritious like healthy pasture.
While healthy pasture contains most of the nutrients a horse needs many horses have limited access to good pasture. Horses, by design graze on pasture an average of 17-20 hours per day, eating about a pound to a pound and a half of pasture an hour. Healthy pasture contains high levels of Beta-carotene (provitamin A), Vitamin E, Omega 3 fatty acids and many other vitamins and nutrients.
Unfortunately, many horses don't have unlimited access to pasture and instead are fed primarily hay and concentrate feeds/grains. Hay is great for horses and does maintain its protein, fiber and energy after curing but it does lose much of its Beta-carotene and Vitamin E content. Up to 80% of the Beta-carotene can be lost in the curing process and another 7%-10% each month it is stored. Vitamin E is similarly lost with exposure to light and heat during the curing process and storage. This is bad news because horses fed vitamin deficient hay will eventually succumb to vitamin deficiency diseases.
- Beta-carotene is found abundantly in green pasture. When eaten by a horse the beta-carotene is converted to vitamin A as needed, so your horse won't overdose on vitamin A. Beta-carotene is important for fertility, healthy skin, eyes and other functions.
- Vitamin E is also plentiful in green pasture but deficient in much hay. Vitamin E helps with fertility, inflammation and is an antioxidant. We use a highly absorbable form of vitamin E.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are abundant in fresh green pasture and are important for good health but hay has virtually none. This is a problem. Dinovite for Horses contains omega 3 fatty acids.
- Biotin can help support healthy hoof growth. Each scoop contains 4 mg of Biotin.
- Minerals can be missing or deficient in pasture and hay due to the condition of the land and make up of the soil. Check out the mineral content in Dinovite for Horses.
- We also add many Direct Fed Microbials and Active Yeast Cultures to help support your horse's digestion and good health. Horses are walking microbe farms! The microbes living in your horse's GI tract have many functions, they help break down fibers, produce B vitamins and in general are crucial for a horse's good health.